AXP Racing's Poly Skid Plate for the KTM 790 Adventure features a tough, thick 8mm poly plate that's designed to protect your Engine, Fuel Tanks & your Rear Shock Linkage. AXP's design utilizes aluminum mounting brackets which mount to existing skid plate mounts and frame points, unlike other skid plates that utilize engine mounting points. HDPE is a great material for skid plates because it's lightweight, durable, flexes on impact and slides over obstacles. Unlike Aluminum plates which are heavy, bend and more times than not cause annoying vibration noise caused by metal on metal contact at the mount.
- Thick 8mm HDPE Material is incredibly tough and protective
- Design protects Engine and Lower Fuel Tank
- Much lighter than Aluminum Plates
- Slides off obstacles
- Resilient HDPE material flexes instead of denting and distorting
- Includes Debris Shield
- All necessary mounting hardware included
NOTE: Due to the fitment of this skid plate it is not compatible with a center stand fitment.